Friday 7 October 2016

Xanthelasma - 5-9 days post op

Hello

I was very nervous to have the stitches removed.  It was exactly as I expected, hurt a tiny bit but was bearable.  Both the nurse and surgeon seemed to be pleased with my results although it looked pretty terrible to me!

I was told to try and keep my eyes away from direct water contact.  After showering, if the incision area was damp, it was suggested I dab the area with a soft Kleenex.  Other than this I was told to apply a thin layer of Vaseline (to keep it moist) but other than this leave it alone.  I was also instructed to continue sleeping with my head elevated and to avoid sleeping on my side.  Not comfortable.

As for makeup?  Not allowed for 2-3 days after the stitches were removed.  Sunglasses for a few more days.

This photo was taken 5 days post op.  Same day stitches were removed.


Next photo was taken 1 week post op ( 2 days after stitches were removed).


9 days post op.  Lightly applied concealer with a makeup brush.
I'm excited to go out in public without having to wear sunglasses.


No comments:

Post a Comment